Why can’t I access routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net?
Netgear home routers access by using its official webpage either by www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net. Netgear Users can also access routerlogin.com by using the default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 But sometimes users can’t access the routerlogin.net, and sometimes this page doesn’t work. There are many reasons for can’t access router login. But you don’t need to worry, and this article provides you some troubleshooting steps so that you can easily access your Netgear router.
Here are some basic Troubleshooting steps:
- First, check that you are using the correct web address, username, and default password.
Web address: http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
Default password: password
Note: In case you have already changed the default admin password, then the old password no longer works.
- Next, if you see an error message while accessing routerlogin.net, then clear your browser cache.
- If the error still occurs, then use a different web browser.
- Use your router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in your browser’s URL bar.
- Try to use the wired Ethernet connection instead of the wireless connection.
- Moreover, use a different device (phone, tablet, and laptop) to access the Netgear router.
- Make sure you are not using multiple networks at the same time.
- Disable all the temporarily pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad-blocking software.
- Power cycle your router, modem, and all the connected devices( desktops, laptops, phones)
- If you are using an old version of the router’s firmware, then update your router’s firmware first.
- Finally, if none of the above troubleshooting steps resolve the router access issues, then perform a factory reset of your router.
Quickly setup and install your Netgear router in 5 minutes
Here are mentioned some easy steps to Quickly Setup and Install routerlogin.net.
- Foremost, download the Nighthawk app on your smartphone device.
- If your router comes with antennas, then first attached them.
- Now, connect your modem to the router’s internet port.
- After this, turn on your router.
- Here, wait for the LED light to start glowing.
- See your router’s wifi user name and password (Network key) on the router label.
Note: The label might be on the back or bottom of your router.
- Head to your smartphone device and tap on the Settings>Wi-Fi.
- Now, connect your smart device to the router’s network that is listed on your router’s label.
- Further, open the Netgear Nighthawk app on your smartphone device.
- Go with the prompt instructions in the Nighthawk app to install your router and connect to the internet.
Note: In case you are facing an error while connecting to your router’s network, then try to power cycle your router.
How to log in to Wi-Fi range Extender?
Once you setup your Netgear Wifi Range extender, then the next step is to log in to the Wi-Fi Extender to view and change the settings. Follow the following steps to log in to the Wi-Fi Extender.
- Open any internet browser on your computer or mobile device that connects to your Extender’s network.
- Check that you are connected to your Extender’s network.
- Type www.mywifiext.net into the URL bar of your browser, if your extender and router using a different wifi network name.
- In case, your extender and router use the same wifi network name, then type http://extender’sIPaddress> (like http://192.168.1.3) into your browser’s address bar.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Meanwhile, a login screen displays on your device screen.
- Provide your admin username and password.
- Note: Your username should be an email address.
- Once done, tap the LOG IN button.
- Hereafter, the Status page will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Menu icon that is displayed on your browser.
- You will see the Extender menu.
- Choose Settings to view and change the extender’s settings.
Netgear Router Firmware update via web page
Proceed with these mentioned steps to update your router firmware via the web page.
- Firstly, connect your computer device to your router by using an Ethernet cable.
- And, open any web browser, type routerlogin.net in the Location bar.
- Tap on the Enter key.
- Login into the router by using the router’s username and password.
- Click on the Yes button to update your router. The update process will take five minutes to complete.
- When the Firmware update process complete, then the router will auto-restart.